Library Loot for April 22 2021:
- South Sea Tales – Jack London (F/short stories). Just saw that this is short stories. Bleugh. I am not an aficionado of short stories. What was I thinking?
- The Pale Horse – Agatha Christie (F/mystery). Can’t go wrong with a Christie.
- The Secret River – Kate Grenville (F) Wanted to read some Aussie lit.
- The Lion in the Living Room – Abigail Tucker (NF/bio). We have kitties in our life: what can I say?
- A Gentleman in Moscow – Amor Towlers (F). (Just finished this. Post to come.)
- Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly – Anthony Bourdain (NF/autobio). I’m into cooking right and although this is a reread, I remember it as pretty good.
- Cooking Light: Dinner ASAP (NF/recipes) – I know: me with a cookbook but I’m searching for new recipes. 🙂
So – any ideas of what I’ve picked up? Any recommendations?
I loved A Gentleman in Moscow – highly recommend it 😀
Hi Kaggsy – I’ve just finished “A Gentleman in Moscow” and loved it as well. Just taken out “Rules of Civility” and am hoping for the same stellar experience. We’ll see. Have you read any other of Towle’s works?
I haven’t, but I hope Rules turns out to be so good.
She can cook. FYI