I’ve been busy at the library lately so thought I’d update my stash of interesting titles:
- The Colorado Kid – Stephen King (F) – was looking for another read by King since I loved his Misery title… (This edition actually has what I consider to be the WORST cover art in the world. I’ll get you a pic…)
- The Water Museum – Luis Alberto Urrea (F/short stories). Love Urrea’s other work…
- Hitting a Straight Lick with a Stick – Zora Neale Hurston (F/short stories). Other Hurston reviews here: Barracoon (NF), Their Eyes were Watching God (1937)…
- Mrs. Malory Wonders – Hazel Holt. (F/mystery). Just was looking for a cozy murder book and this title came up…
- Bookmarks: Reading in Black and White: A Memoir – Karla F. C. Holloway (NF). I ILL’d this title but it looks rather different inside than I was expecting. We’ll see how it goes.
- Around the World in 80 Days with Micheal Palin – Michael Palin. (Loved his travel book on the Himalaya mountains and wanted to read some more good travel writing.)
And more titles… (Told you I might have got carried away… 😉 )
- The Sittaford Mystery – Agatha Christie (F/mystery). Already finished this – good fun.
- My Cousin Rachel – Daphne du Maurier (F/thriller/mystery). Was looking for a Gothic thriller type of read… (Just realized that I’ve already read this. Sigh. No worries. Moving on…)
- Ice: The Antarctic Diary of Charles E. Passel – Charles E. Passel (NF/travel/adventure).
- The Round House – Louise Erdrich (F/Native American).
- Queenie – Candice Carty-Williams (F).
- A Traveller’s Life – Eric Newby (NF/travel).
- DK Eyewitness Books: Astronomy. (NF). Just looked interesting.
Which one to read first?…. I know I’m going to read the astronomy Eyewitness book this weekend for starters and make a start on “The Commitments” by Roddy Doyle for Cathy’s Reading Ireland 2020 project.
And I thought I had a big pile of library books! I think you may have won by a book or two. I love library book piles because if I don’t manage to read the book I don’t end up feeling guilty for it getting lost among the unreads on my shelf. It just goes back to the library, guilt-free! Enjoy your loot!
Exactly. I used to labor under the assumption that I had to read every single one, but, thankfully, have realized that that is not the case. 🙂
I hope you enjoy The Commitments, it’s such good fun!