The reads for June 2020 included:
- Wallis in Love: Wallis Simpson – Andrew Morton (NF – sort of) – 2018
- My Sister the Serial Killer – Oyinken Braithwaite (F) – 2017
- Tomboy – Liz Prince (GN/bio) – 2014
- The Street – Ann Petry (F) – 1949
- The Mothers – Brit Bennett (F) – 2016
- Driving While Black: African American Travel and the Road to Civil Rights – Gretchen Sorin (NF) – 2019
- She Came to Slay: The History of Harriet Tubman – Erica Armstrong Dunbar NF/history – 2020
So to the numbers:
- Total number of books read in June 2020: 7
- Total number of pages read: 2181 pages (av. 321).
- Fiction/Non-Fiction: 3 fiction / 4 non-fiction.
- Diversity: 5 BIPOC. 6 books by women.
- Library books vs. books I owned (and thus removed from the home abode): 6 library books, 1 owned books and 0 e-books.
Plans for July 2020 include a month of teaching online Summer School at the university, prepping their lectures and grading work… Apart from that, lots of reading, jigsaw puzzles and hanging out. Temperatures are very hot outside for the most part, so it’s a pretty indoor life right now. 😉
Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I appreciate it.
What a lovely serene photo. Hope you’re having a lovely month of reading!
It was a lovely morning, I must admit. Not many people out and about, and the temperature was below 100. it’s a gorgeous place to go and walk – a bit on the rough side of town though. :-]